Wednesday, November 27, 2013

3D Printing and Laser Cuting

I have begun the process of part fabrication for those teams that have submitted part requests.

For the time being, I will place the finished parts in a box on the table at the back or Perry 311.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY PARTS THAT ARE NOT YOURS!!!

Also please communicate with your team members if you pick-up the parts.

It is going to take a lot of time and effort to get all the parts printed/cut, and I do not want to have to make additional work because parts have "disappeared".

I will be able to print 3D parts over the Thanksgiving break, so if your team has your part designs ready, please submit them ASAP.  It takes substantial amount of time to print the parts, so I would like to be able to have parts to print so that I don't end up with a big backlog during the final week.

As an example, the parts in the image below took 15 hours to print...

A 15 hour print job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment